Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Meet Coach Eric


Coach Eric.  He even looks legit.


Alright, peeps.  Today, I’d like you to meet my coach, Eric Heintz.  You can see his bio here. http://www.highmilesrunning.com/pages/coach_heintz

I haven’t met Eric in person yet, but from our phone calls and emails, he seems like a cool guy.  He’s a running coach at an Atlanta high school.  He has a young family and, well, he likes running.

I figured since I’ve never run a marathon before, and I’m trying to do so in a 5 month window, I’d need some help.  While Tammy and I try to eat healthy and exercise pretty regularly, I am pretty clueless about real running training.  The main things that I know are that you need running shoes and it makes you sweat a lot.

Eric has helped design a plan for me that will hopefully help avoid injury while building up the necessary stamina and speed for the marathon.  He warned me that there's absolutely no guarantee that I'll qualify in this short of a timespan.  But he agreed to do his best to help me make it.  I really like how he is succinct and...coach-ish.

Normally I'm fairy self-motivated, and all-or-nothing in how I approach goals.  It's been good to have Eric to temper that enthusiasm so I don't bust my legs and joints up front.  I like him.  I recommend him.  And that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment