Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Face is Swelling!!!

Tammy graduated this week!  Wahoo!

Her parents came out for graduation, and we decided to spend the weekend at Savannah, Georgia and Hilton Head Island.  We had lots of fun.  I ran each day (except Sunday, that's my day off).  Saturday was a "circuit training" day, where I did several timed runs of 100m and 400m distances.

We drove to the Hilton Head High School, since I could see a track there on Google Maps.  Turns out, the whole thing was fenced off, with barbed wire to boot.  Now, if it was just me, I may have chanced it and tried to squeeze through the barbed wire.  However, my 8-month pregnant wife wasn't feeling up to it, so we just eyeballed the field from the parking lot and guessed the distances for my running.

It was a good, hard workout.  At the end, I had an allergic reaction...it's happened twice before over the past few years.  My chest/lungs tightened up a bit, I got hives, and my face swelled.  It was an adventure!  Still not sure if it's a bug bite, pollen, or something else causing it.

I forgot to take a pic of it, but here's one from the last time it happened, just to give an idea.  Nice selfie, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment